Help Your Heartburn and Your Colon, Too!
07. 03. 2013
Did you know that keeping your heartburn in check could also reduce the risk of colon cancer?
Heartburn is a burning discomfort from the chest up to the throat and leading cause of heartburn is the food we eat. Foods that are highly acidic, spicy, high in fat, chocolate, alcohol and caffeine can all contribute to heartburn. No fun ... huh?
Not necessarily. Give the Taco Bell Doritos tacos and the bacon milk shakes the day off and let’s take a look at a recipe that can ease heartburn and is good for your colon as well.
What You Will Need:
- ½ box linguine
- ½ shallot finely diced
- ½ bunch of asparagus, tough ends snapped off, and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 container shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, cut into strips
- 1 small bag pine nuts, toasted
- Grated pecorino cheese
- ½ lemon
- Fresh basil
- Good olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water for 10-14 minutes until al dente (firm but not hard).
- Meanwhile, sauté the shallot on medium heat in a little olive oil. Add asparagus and cook until crunchy-tender. Add shiitake mushrooms and sauté 1-2 more minutes. Check seasoning.
- Drain the pasta and add to the sautéed veggies with a little of the pasta cooking water to make it a little saucy. Toss with toasted pine nuts.
- Plate noodles and garnish with some fresh grated pecorino cheese, fresh chopped basil, squeeze of lemon, and a drizzle of good olive oil.